Independent from the Business Lines, the Risk Management (RISQ) Division's mission is to contribute to the development of the SG Group's activity while maintaining independent oversight through risk evaluation and monitoring. The RISQ Division in the US supports all the activities in the Americas Region (US, Canada and Latin America), which is almost exclusively corporate and investment banking (GBIS) oriented.
The Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) Risk Officer position is part of the Risk Management Division’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) team in New York. The COO team provides transversal support to the different Risk Management functions within the Americas (i.e. enterprise, operational, credit, market, liquidity, etc.).
The GRC Risk Officer will support the Division’s goal to develop its use of GRC tools as part of creating a cohesive enterprise-wide multi-disciplinary risk management program. The primary focus is on the RSA Archer tool, including modules for enterprise risk management, operational risk management, model risk management, third party risk management, bank policy program management, and risk event reporting
The GRC Risk Officer responsibilities include:
- Taking a leadership role in developing and driving the Division’s strategic programs for the use of the GRC tool, and the short and longer-term business design of the Archer platform.
- Leading key projects and overseeing project and change management activities for the firm’s overall GRC initiatives, with focus on those that have a cross-functional impact.
- Building the GRC framework and governance model needed to develop and support the enterprise-wide risk identification, assessment, quantification, remediation, and reporting processes.
- Working closely with the business and technical teams on requirements, and helping in the coordination of the design, development and implementation of platform enhancements using Archer core and custom modules.
- Coordinating the work effort to define the data model and taxonomy for the Archer platform and other technologies, documenting the requirements for data maintenance workflows, and ensuring data is consistent and fit for purpose.
- Ensuring solutions are developed with an integrated approach and participation from all key stakeholders within the Division and in other areas of the bank.
- Identifying opportunities to utilize GRC to create more efficient risk management processes.
In addition, the GRC Risk Officer will be a key contributor to the Division’s other strategic initiatives on improving its overall systems architecture and data management.
· Ability to work with teams to generate a vision, establish direction, and encourage improvement and innovation
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to successfully interact at all levels of the organization
· Strong organizational and project management skills, and ability to collaborate effectively with business and technology teams in developing business requirements
· Sound reasoning and business judgment, solid analytical skills and ability to identify issues and propose solutions
· Good presentation skills to deliver program updates and strategies to senior management
· Excellent writing and documentation skills
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Good knowledge of risk management frameworks and enterprise architecture principles
· Experience with MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
· 7+ years banking or financial services experience in project management, enterprise or operational risk management, and relevant technology
· 2+ years of hands-on RSA Archer GRC experience with emphasis on risk management modules
· Experience with enterprise data modeling and classification
· Bachelor's degree in Finance, Information Systems, or business-related field
· RSA Certification