Position Title: Business Analyst - Operations
Department: Global Market
In order to support the business growth and improve operational efficiency, Natixis is looking for a business operations analyst specialized in global market activities.
He/She is managing several projects aiming at:
• Identify and collect irregularities in business operations procedures and propose changes and new methodologies
• Implementing and improving settlement, confirmation and clearing workflows
• Remediating the quality of data
• Transitioning stock of trades and procedures to new systems
He/She also supports Fixed Income and Treasury activities as well as back office stakeholders by addressing functional issues/questions. Position requires a full transversal overview of the trade workflow from the input until settlement.
He/She centralizes the user requests; coordinates with New York and Paris Head Office Business Analysts and IT teams; liaises with support functions to ensure all impacts are properly identified.
For all that relates to Operational efficiency:
Project Management / Business Analysis:
• Provide input on operational strategies, based on knowledge of industry and technology trends
• Identify pain points and propose/implement solutions for improving workflows and efficiency
• Definition with Operations and end-users of project priorities
• Project scoping and planning, progress reporting, identification and management of issues/risks and communications.
• Close collaboration with the user representatives to determine business requirements, including the identification of any potential issue or functional omissions; define and document the business requirements.
• Write some detailed functional specifications for IT development teams
• Development of user test cases and validate test results during user acceptance testing, training with Summit end-users. Coordinate the go live and ensure proper system behaviour.
Functional support / maintenance:
• Responsible for quick resolution of day-to-day issues on Back Office systems (straight through processing, reconciliations, cash balancing, settlement, reporting, accounting…)
• Monitor the trade workflow and make sure settlements are performed smoothly
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in business analysis functions in Financial industry and especially
• Must be familiar with a large scale of products traded on global market, equities and financing
• Good IT knowledge, the successful candidate must be able to write and execute SQL queries and read/understand a script.
• Ability to analyze complex problems, with strong attention to detail and ability to provide solutions to problems.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Experience with vendor systems such as Summit and/or ACBS would be appreciated