The Platform Engineering team builds infrastructure automation services that focus on configuration management and cloud orchestration. We play an active role in working with other infrastructure engineering teams to define the best practices of modern application and infrastructure development.
What's in it for you:
We have a clear roadmap of where we want to be, but we need your expertise in building large-scale distributed systems to develop mission-critical system infrastructure. You will be part of a team that builds the foundation to support a multi-cloud environment. We develop best practices, tools and processes that have a direct impact on how application developers at Bloomberg deploy and manage their applications on an elastic infrastructure.
We'll trust you to:
- Identify and automate manual tasks
- Implement industry-wide best practices around public and private cloud infrastructure
- Develop and maintain documentation, training and SLA for managed infrastructure and systems
- Help replace legacy systems with modern, Internet-scale design patterns
You need to have:
- 3+ years of experience working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- A strong understanding of operating systems and the nuances of Linux
- Experience with datacenter network troubleshooting including IP fundamentals, DNS, load balancing, proxies and firewalls
- Familiarity with configuration management systems such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, Ruby, C/C++, Go or Java
- A solid understanding of the modern software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes such as Continuous Integration and delivery
We'd love to see:
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- A deep understanding of web operations and cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Knowledge of network and application performance analysis using standard UNIX tools
- Experience with maintaining and managing a community around open source software
Does this sound like you?
Great, apply today! We want to work with others who are passionate about community-driven development both within the company and with the wider open source community.
Learn more about the work we do using the links below: