End User Infrastructure
* Primary support for VMWare VDI (Version 6.0 and above)
* Preferably hands on knowledge of Appvolumes, UEM and Mirage
* Ensure ongoing evolution of the VDI platform to support business requirements and align with the corporate IT strategy
* A good scripting knowledge of PowerShell required
* A good working knowledge of Vspher, Virtual Center and ESX.
* Evaluate Research and improve current Disaster Recovery solution for Natixis desktops
* Evaluation, design and implementation of end user infrastructure as business needs arise
* Backup support for other technologies managed by the UI team, such as Microsoft Exchange, Cisco Iron Port, SCCM 2012, Active Directory, DNS/DHCP etc.
* Providing Level 3 administration and support for end-user and infrastructure
* Conducting research, making recommendations on improving our computing infrastructure services
Proactive system analysis, monitoring and documentation
* Implementing, managing, monitoring, and maintaining operating systems, hardware, application services, and server-based applications according to documented practices.
* Developing, documenting, and maintaining policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
* Provide 24 x 7 production support for firm-wide systems.
* The successful candidate will analyze and monitor the Client Services components as they are being tested through to their production rollout, to determine the best methodology to address performance, reliability, and redundancy issues.
* The successful candidate will work with third-party vendors / professional services and in-house developers as necessary
* The candidate will be required to compose and compile thorough documentation to enable ongoing administration and support of their respective systems and applications.
Security and Business Continuity
* Well versed with security aspects and maintain and ensure our systems are up to par with the security industry standards
* Maintain our disaster recovery systems and provide strategic ways to enhance these systems
* Working knowledge of Symantec End point protection
Desired Skills and Experience
* 5+ years' experience in overall IT
* VMware current certifications preferred
* VMWare VDI expertise preferred
* Basic working knowledge with one or more of the following: MS Exchange, Citrix, Active Directory
* Excellent communication and documentation skills
* Preferred Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field
* Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, make sound decisions in emergency situations.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.