Main missions for the Global Markets ITO teams:
1. Contribute to the strategy definition of Global Markets ITO2. Contribute to Global Markets ITO organization and governance optimization
3. Be an efficient, reactive and pro-active partner of the Global Markets business line :
• Define and monitor the Global Markets ITO strategy • Accompany the Global Markets business:o In implementing its strategic development projectso In providing a high-quality service on a day-to-day basis
4. Be accountable for the development of our activities in a secured set-up and a structured control framework.
5. Continuously strive to transform and optimize our set-up through ambitious and innovative initiatives
Responsibilities: Design and develop Market Access Systems software components, including feed handlers, market data distribution, market data permissioning, and order entry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. (Other duties may be assigned):
• Understand and define requirements by working in close cooperation with members of market access team, infrastructure teams, compliance and end users• Design, develop, test and implement software components based on business requirements. • Ensure adherence to SDLC methodology adopted by the market access team• Coordinate with production support to deliver implemented systems into production. Train first-level support staff in the operation of the systems. Develop technical and support documentation for the systems.• Communicate progress and problems to management, estimating work schedules and anticipating and avoiding problems.• Depending on project phase and requirements work in close cooperation with other teams in IT, vendors, users or other stakeholders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• At least a B.S., preferably in Computer Science• At least 3 years’ experience in software development• Must be proficient in C++ and Unix/Linux• Must be proficient with Reuters application stack including – TREP, OMM, DACS, ODPS• Must be proficient with Reuters C++ APIs including OpenDACS, RFA, OMM• Must be proficient in test driven development and creation of automated unit tests• Proficiency with SDLC methodologies and associated toolchain• Excellent communication skills and analytical ability• Experience with market data protocols is desirable• Experience writing Python, UNIX scripts a plus• Experience with order entry protocols is a plus