Senior VDI Engineer
The principle objective of this position is to architect and provide expert level support and strategy for the production Citrix, virtualization environment, Primary responsibility of the position is to support & manage the production CITRIX Xendesktop environment. Maintain proactive performance monitoring of the environment utilizing specific monitoring tools. Play an active role in the day-to-day support activities, administration and projects associated with Citrix VDI infrastructure/applications and maintain all the Win2008/2012 servers.
- Strong knowledge of Citrix Xendesktop 7.X architecture and components
- Strong knowledge of Citrix Netscalar 10.X and above technology is a must
- Strong knowledge of Wyse thin clients
- Strong knowledge of smart cards or other two factor technologies and its integration with CITRIX clients.
- Good working knowledge of implementation of SSL Certificates
- Good understanding of Firewall rule implementation & troubleshooting.
- Will be required to work on an on-call rotation 24*7
- Flexible working hours would be required.
- Good knowledge of VMWare vSphere and associated products (eg vCenter, SRM)
- Strong knowledge of performance management and capacity planning.
- Strong knowledge of the SAN / EMC storage including the different SRDF types
- Good working knowledge of networking functions (i.e. function of TCP/IP, SNMP) subnetting and routing.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Project Management and Documentation skills
- Service oriented, positive, committed and enthusiastic team player.
- Responsible for the architecture, implementation and support of a Citrix Xendesktop environment including NETSCALER components, thin clients & smartcards.
- Provide daily support for CITRIX Xenapp /Xendesktop environment with users in various geographical locations.
- Implement robust monitoring of the VDI environment using tools such as Citrix Director, Citrix Command Center and various other system monitoring tools.
- Proactively monitor Citrix & virtual environment for capacity, stress, risk and workload and take necessary remediation steps.
- Take full ownership to work with various teams to resolve any production related incidents.
- Be actively involved in the planning & implementation of new projects.
- Interface with Vendors and Internal Global Teams to ensure the environment conforms to the current standards.
- Manage Business Continuance in relation to Disaster Recovery.
- Maintain System high reliability, availability and resiliency levels.
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd Level Support for the production Environments
- Proactive System Performance Monitoring (using CA, SCOM, HP/DELL/IBM ) and capacity management
- Perform system upgrades and mandatory security/OS patching.
- Provide 24*7 On call support based on rotation within the team
- Perform thorough morning checks on all critical applications using existing tools or scripts.
- Strictly abide and follow the company policy and procedures pertaining to change and incident management.
- Responsible for ensuring that all systems are deployed consistent with group standards and best practices.
- Incident and Problem management: take ownership and work with team to resolve production related issues.
- Follow groups standard security practices within the environment.
- Maintain an accurate and current hardware inventory