Role GM Rates Pricing and Electronic Markets Developer
Location 787 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY
Description Server side e-trading developer. Primarily Java but also C++, front office role working closely with trading desk to deliver quality software solutions
The New York GM Pricing and Electronic Markets Technology Development team operates as part of a Global GM Pricing and Electronic Markets Technology team to develop systems used for the Global GM Trading activity. It is a Front Office facing team which works directly with Traders and Business Management to provide high quality solutions both locally and as part of the platforms. The role is contractor initially, with the option of going permanent.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Design and develop pricing and electronic markets distributed applications as a member of a global development team.
- Work with traders, developers, business analysts, and vendors to determine functional requirements and integration plans for applications.
- Provide second-line support of applications for front-office users.
Essential Skills & Experience
· Proven core java and C++ skills and knowledge.
· Experience of a front office trading environment
· Ability to design and develop scalable solutions which are easy to maintain and support.
· Firm understanding of java memory model and multi-threading development.
· Knowledge of SDLC and prior experience working on large software development projects.
· Ability to see “big picture” to consider system dependencies, corner cases and change impacts in providing robust solutions.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work as part of a global team.
Advantageous Skills & Experience
- Previous experience developing Electronic Trading systems.
· Knowledge of Interest Rate Products (Treasuries, IR Swaps, etc) and their trading lifecycle.
· Prior experience working at a Large Global Investment Bank, especially a Fixed Income Front Office (Trading) Environment.
· Proficiency in SQL and experience working with SQL Server and/or Oracle.
· Prior experience of ION Trading Services (Connectivity, STP, RFQ, VMO and MMI).
- Knowledge of TIBCO Rendezvous.