IT Architecture Americas is a transversal team responsible for ensuring the global alignment to the end-to-end control framework over IT decisions, process and approvals for the Americas region. This team work as an extension to the global CIB Architecture team with coordination and support from an array of architects and solution designers from various business lines.
This a 12-18 months contracting engagement to support strategic evolution of the application and technical architecture landscape in the context of the BNPP internal Enterprise Architecture (EA) and contributing to projects, transformation and business as usual activities. S/He needs to works with various business and functional stakeholders, solution designers and architects to define and manage the key objectives and deliveries. Below are the main objectives of the engagement.
- Positioning of Data Hub and related functional architecture for the region.
- Support and contribute to the global efforts to develop and maintain technology/functional Cartography in various perspectives.
- Review the regional inventory and heat map of applications, platforms, processes and their alignment/opportunities to the business strategy and controls
- Help define the regional functional architecture and delivery model for Information Security with global alignment
- Help improve the regional architecture governance setup to on-board LATAM processes to a single operating model
Person must have:
• Experience with one of the big four consulting firms or equivalent in similar engagements.
• Have an understanding and respect the rules and principles of the EA
• Assist management and sponsors where necessary with the choice of technical solutions respecting architecture objectives
• Ability to quickly study and align with BNPP CIB standards, norms and approaches to technology
• Ensure the compatibility of accepted choices with the choices already validated in terms of standard application and technical architectures in the Business
• Exceptional ability to analyse and communicate highly complex functional subjects in a methodical and effective manner.
• Help project teams to complete the necessary documentation for the purposes of the various Architecture Committees.
• Perform a “technology watch” initiative to ensure CIB Architecture are aware of upcoming and related technologies
The candidate will have proven experience as an enterprise architect, management consultant or a technology management lead. S/He must be particularly well versed in architecting complex, large systems/platforms by following accepted best practice design and engineering principles.
The person should be an innovative, highly skilled individual who can add value to the IT and business community at a practical level and work with developers, production staff, technical architects, sponsors and senior management.
Additionally, the following are required:
• Experience of complex application and functional architectures in the financial industry
• Strong architecture modelling and design with a knowledge of development methods and tools
• Working knowledge and experience of one or more architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or Zachman or strong desire attain certifications.
• Proven experience in working with application development process, ideally with a broad spread of experience across a number of technologies
• Excellent problem solving skills, being able to develop solutions to complex requirements
• Ability to think and work at both a low level of detail and a high level of abstraction, with an understanding of the interactions and benefits of each.
• Highly developed written communication skills both in document production and development of architecture models.
• Excellent presentation skills, with experience of presenting complex technology and strategy concepts to a wide range of stakeholders, understanding their views and positions and how these views will influence proposed solutions