Position Summary :
The Director, Master Data Management will model, develop, maintain and enhance the processes that generate Master Data Management (MDM) domains at Sirius XM, supporting the changing needs and objectives of the MDM project. This important member of the MDM team will continue to provide leadership to the goals outlined by both the business and the MDM team in regard to various domains including Customer, Vehicle, Product and Device.
The Director, Master Data Management is expected to have expert level understanding of Informatica MDM, Informatica Data Quality (IDQ), Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica Services Integration Framework (SIF), Oracle RDBMS, Java and have extensive experience with ETL development, data modeling, data profiling, database design and data analysis in the MDM space.
• Develop, optimize and support Informatica PowerCenter components to provide MDM ETL processes for data extraction, transformations and loading of data.
• Define, configure and optimize various MDM processes including landing, staging, base objects, hierarchies, foreign-key relationships, lookups, query groups, queries/custom queries, cleanse functions, batch groups and packages using Informatica MDM.
• Maintain MDM Hub configuration –data modeling, data mappings, data validation, hierarchy manager, security and others areas as defined by the MDM Team.
• Perform Data standardization of addresses using Address Doctor, and other services that may be defined by the business and MDM Team.
• Continuously review MDM domain models to ensure that they reflect the best available enterprise-wide data according to domain definition.
• Provide continuing enhancement and review of MDM matching rules, data quality and validation processes.
• Using Informatica MDM suite of tools - design, develop, optimize and support MDM processes, including performance tuning of existing processes.
• Provide ownership of daily automated MDM operations lifecycle from data ingestion to data consumption using Informatica PowerCenter, IDQ and MDM tools.
• Plan and lead any future MDM implementations, operations & product support on the Informatica platform.
• Define & implement measurable metrics to support a robust and successful deployment of an MDM platform.
• Some people management.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• 10 or more years in engineering, architecture and leadership roles in data management.
• At least 5 years of intensive hands on experience in MDM design, development, support and operations using Informatica/Siperian MDM suite of tools including Informatica SIF.
• 5 or more years in data integration and services, BI or data reporting in a high-volume subscriber-based industry.
Requirements and General Skills:
• Deep understanding of Informatica suite of ETL products is required.
• Solid understanding of the enterprise-wide data flows including customer data flows.
• Strong auditing and analytical skills.
• Must be methodical, detail-oriented and well-organized.
• Strong leadership skills; prior supervisory experience is highly desirable.
• Strong data management, integration and reporting experience.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to interact appropriately with all levels of the organization, including: business users, technical staff, senior level colleagues, vendors, and partners.
• Good public speaking and presentation skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
• Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
• Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
• Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Very strong SQL Skills. High comfort level with various database systems and analytical tools such as, but not limited to, Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server.
• Medium level expertise on Java-based applications a major plus.
• Medium level expertise on web services for data integration a plus.
• Exposure to SAS-based MDM analytics a plus.
• Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.