Jefferies, the global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for over 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. The firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities, and also select asset and wealth management strategies, in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leucadia National Corporation (NYSE: LUK), a diversified holding company.
· Responsible for configuration, management, sustainability, day-to-day operations and support of current and next generation global networking infrastructure with careful regard to availability, connectivity, performance, and security.
· Plan changes on network devices/systems, with an end-to-end approach based on engineering defined standards and best practices. This includes creation of configuration and associated approval requests, implementation of the changes, and user acceptance.
· Work independently and as part of a team to urgently analyze and troubleshoot escalated issues from Tier II, train and provide technical training to Tier I & II Technician; Act as Tier III support for firewalls, load balancers, routing, and switching. Efficiently troubleshoot/prioritize issues and create a culture of root cause analysis.
· 7+ years hands on experience with various Cisco platforms including but not limited to Nexus Series (5k/7k/9k), Catalyst Switches, ISR Routers, and network management tools.
· Mastery of enterprise routing and switching including (but not limited to): BGP, MPLS, OSPF, VPC, 802.1Q, etherchannel, STP, RSTP, VTP, QoS, ACLs, EIGRP.
· Extremely proficient with network troubleshooting tools (sniffer, syslog, NetBrain, NetFlow, TCPDUMP, Wireshark etc.)
· Significant experience with Checkpoint, Juniper, Palo Alto firewalls, Riverbed, F5, and Citrix Netscalers.
· Understanding of optical networking, WAN acceleration, and different WAN automation technologies.
· Expert level Knowledge of wireless technologies standards and protocols. Aruba networks and ClearPass specific experience desired.
· A good understanding of remote access technologies including Citrix, IPSec VPN, and Direct Access to provide internal users with anytime anywhere accessibility to business applications.
· Experience managing and deployment of large scale multicast architecture for trading application.
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously and be able to adapt to changing business needs.
· Work well with cross functional global and remote teams.
· Self-disciplined, self-starter who can provide leadership and mentor others while resolving complex incidents and delivering projects.
· Ability to analyze complex problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction.
· Working knowledge of ITL processes, specifically Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management
· Ability to be called upon 24/7 in case of emergencies.
· Experience with supporting advanced blade architecture networking such as Cisco UCS and HP Blades including VMWare server virtualization a plus
· Hands-on operational experience and management of AWS/Azure services, including AWS Direct Connect experience strongly preferred
· Experience working with large trading floor technologies would be a plus.
· Experience implementing multitenant datacenter and user environments to provide appropriate separation for multi-organization technology deployments and separation.
· Experience implementing large scale Network Access Control in an enterprise environment.
· Experience in developing appropriate security controls, and with Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS). Experience with stateful packet inspection, configuration hardening, host based firewalls a plus.
· CCIE and CCNP Certifications considered a plus.
· CISSP Certification considered a plus.