Role FI Pricing and Electronic Markets Developer
Location 787 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY
Description The successful candidate will work in a global team delivering production ready features and enhancements in support of Credit/IRG Electronic Trading. Particular attention will be paid to delivering New York eTrading specific requirements as part of a global team. This role will involve working directly with the trading desk. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a fast paced front office environment.
The New York FI Pricing and Electronic Markets Technology Development team operates as part of a Global FI Pricing and Electronic Markets Technology team to develop systems used for the Global FI Trading activity. It is a Front Office facing team which works directly with Traders and Business Management to provide high quality solutions both locally and as part of the platforms. The New York FI Trading business has an ambitious growth plan and this is a new role in support of these initiatives.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Design and develop pricing and electronic markets distributed applications as a member of a global development team.
- Work with traders, developers, business analysts, and vendors to determine functional requirements and integration plans for applications.
- Provide second-line support of applications for front-office users.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent Java Development Skills.
- Prior experience with ION Trading Services (Connectivity, STP, RFQ, VMO and MMI).
- Proficiency in SQL and experience working with SQL Server and/or Oracle.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience working in a Fixed Income Front Office Environment.
- Knowledge of SDLC and prior experience working on large software development projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people in different teams (BA, Business Management, Research)
- Ability to work as part of a global team.
- Familiarity with modern source control systems such as SVN, Perforce, or Source Safe.
- Experience of working with Build Integration Platforms such as Team City or Microsoft Build.
Advantageous Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of FI Products (Credit or/and IRG) and trade processing.
- Previous exposure to low latency programming and multi-threaded environments.
- Knowledge of TIBCO Rendezvous.
- Proficiency in C#, C++.
- Prior experience working at a Large Global Investment Bank.
- § Bachelor degree in an applicable subject matter