The position is for a Sr. Developer in Instrument & Price Technology group. The person will be leading design and development activities on business-enabling, regulatory, audit and infrastructure improvement driven initiatives. Additionally, the person will provide support to other functional team for analysis and testing as well produce key documentation and notifications.
Responsible for implementing new application components, integrating existing components, and pulling together data from various sources.
o Front to back design, development and implementation of new components.
o Enhancements/modifications to the existing application components.
o Develop/maintain web-based applications
o Database modeling, strong database knowledge along with PERL and shell scripting is very important for the position
o Investigation of ongoing production stability issues & propose tactical and strategic solutions
o Support batch processes
o Cross train and help grow junior members of the Development Team
Qualification / Education Requirements
o Minimum seven years experience in developing Core Java/J2EE applications, with strong Core Java background
o Minimum five years experience in developing web based applications, comfortable with JSP/Servlets
o Minimum three years experience in PERL and shell scripting in Unix/Linux environment
o Strong knowledge of databases (MSSQL & Oracle), SQL scripting & proficient in building and debugging stored procedures
o Strong design, object oriented and core computer science skills
o Prior experience in MDM technologies a big plus.
o Knowledge of Autosys, Perforce, Maven and TeamCity tools preferred
o Proficiency in Weblogic server. Familiarity with techniques and strategies for GUI performance tuning and optimization
o Experience with Informatica a big plus.
o Experience with C++ & .Net technology is big plus.
o Good interpersonal skills, Good communicator
o Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
Additional Intranet Text
Skills / Aptitude Required
• Very well organised - able to manage multiple workstreams effectively.
• Analytical & methodical approach to problem solving
• Precise (attention to details)
• Effective at communicating clearly via e-mails, telephone & in meetings.
• Must be able to work effectively either independently & as a team member.
• Able to work the long hours when required to deliver a project on time
• Deliver high quality, professional work to specification.
• A "can do" attitude – willingness to accept challenges & solve problems.
• Ability to identify, appropriately escalate issues & risks & consider solutions.
• Friendly & calm / relaxed attitude