The R&A ICE Visualization team is looking for a mid-level to senior Java/Hadoop developer. Our system provides integrated risk, pricing and PnL solutions for traders, risk managers and other users. We are looking for talented and dedicated developer to build up application on Hadoop platform using Java/Scala technologies.
• Build risk override function in ICE visualization application suites; participate in full project life cycle.
• Develop and Integrate applications using Java, J2EE, Spring, and technologies available in Hadoop ECO system.
• Interface with risk managers, infrastructure and other technology team to create requirements and deliver solutions.
• Deliver projects in fast-paced environment and work with different analytic and technology groups to make things happen
• Bachelors degree in computer science, MIS, or related experience
• Must possess superior skills in – Object Oriented Paradigm, Java, J2EE, web and relevant server side technologies.
• Familiar with Linux Server side environment, Shell or Python scripting, SQL Language.
• Minimum 1 year experience working with Hadoop-HDFS, Map-reduce, Hive, HBase.
• Able to adopt new technology, perform POC and implementation under critical time pressure.
• Good communication skill, team player
• Knowledge or experience in spark, scala, flume, kafka, pig etc.
• Knowledge or experience in Web platform e.g. JBOSS/WEBLOGIC.
• Prior experience in delivery of front to back change projects, involving interaction with a broad range of Front Office, Risk, Finance, Operations and Compliance/Legal stakeholders
• FO IT IB experience with strong Product and Risk knowledge of at least one asset class
• A proactive, self-starter - willingness to roll-up sleeves in order to get things done
• Disciplined analysis & problem solving skills with strong attention to detail. Willing to challenge received wisdom
• Needs to enjoy the challenge of project delivery to demanding stakeholders & with constantly evolving regulatory requirements
• Delivery oriented, tenacious in pursuit of project objectives & timelines
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards.