Senior Developer/Engineer in NY to build out the Product Taxonomy platform as part of a strategic build out that’s happening in IB. PTax will support numerous high performance data sourcing & distribution channels.
1. As a senior developer, the resource will act as the point of contact for the team.
2. Work in heterogeneous environment at all layers of the architectural stack (Java, JMS, Web services, )
3. Work closely with IT and Business teams to understand requirements/issues and provide technical solutions
4. Develop interface specifications and implementations (SOAP, JMS) which allow for SOA-based orchestration of business processes
1. Over 7 years experience programming in applications using J2EE specs including Java, JMS, JDBC, XML, Servlets, JTA, Eclipse
2. Over 3 years of experience in Financial IT industry
3. Solid coding fundamentals e.g. Object-Oriented design, data structures, multi-threading, Dependency Injection
4. Experience in enterprise-level integration technologies including SOAP and Messaging.
5. Hands-on experience in widely used third party frameworks (e.g. Spring, Spring Integration, Hibernate)
6. Experience in enterprise-level Distributed Caching (preferably Coherence)
7. Hands on experience with deployment technologies such as Maven, SVN
8. Hands on experience with Databases technologies preferably MS SQL Server
9. The candidate must be highly self-motivated confident and mature, well developed analytical and problem solving skills with the aptitude to learn as well as a flexibility to adapt to change.
10. The position requires good communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact with clients and senior management from all levels.
11. Team player and proven ability to work under pressure and meet project dates
1. Experience with an off-shore teams a plus.
2. Experience working any Agile methodology, preferably Scrum.
3. Experience with workflow and rules engine.
4. Knowledge of Reference data is a plus.
5. Application level monitoring and instrumentation
6. SQL & Database Tuning
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and Mathematics or a related field or foreign equivalent.