Bloomberg is looking for a motivated iOS mobile developer who's eager to join an innovative R&D team that emphasizes creative problem solving, fast iteration, pushing the envelope with features, and constantly looking for ways to simplify. You'll work within a tight-knit team of engineers who we rely on to deliver a top-notch mobile application.
Candidates should have a passion for technology and a flexible, creative approach to problem solving. The successful applicant will take ownership of business requirements and devise solutions that meet customer needs. They must be able to liaise closely with other teams to ensure a quality "look & feel" for all of our applications, devising innovative solutions that reflect Bloomberg's brand identity while making the most of the platform's unique features. Day to day tasks will involve the development and integration of new applications and enhancements, and working on projects to improve the stability of our existing software.
- 3+ years of iPhone/iPad application development using Objective-C and Xcode with successful applications released to the App Store
- 3+ years of device-side iOS programming experience with a good understanding of UI design is essential
- Prior experience implementing iPhone and iPad applications with highly customized and innovative user interfaces. Capability to create and maintain the services that provide data is plus.
- Experience and knowledge of UIKit
- 3+ years of experience with Java or C++ including exposure to the full software development life cycle
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills, with a creative and flexible attitude
Desirable skills include:
- Commercial experience of C++ and STL
- Experience with Test Driven development and experience in writing automated test suits for iOS apps
- Experience and knowledge of Core Animation and Core Graphics
- Experience developing applications for one or more mobile platforms (Android, BlackBerry)
- Server-side development experience on UNIX, .NET platforms or other web services
- Understanding of multithreading and networking concepts