Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Create and implement an effective Problem Management discipline based on ITIL best practices.
Proactively work with various technical teams to drive the identification of root cause for incidents and ensure that timely follow up action is taken.
Help teams identify workarounds or temporary solutions to mitigate incidents.
Maintain and update centralized Known Error Database (KEDB) with accurate information.
• Partner with Business and IT stakeholders to prioritize and drive improvement initiatives.
• Monitor and publish Incident and Problem metrics to promote awareness and transparency.
• Continuously improve Incident and Problem Management processes and procedures.
• Mentor and train the organization on Incident and Problem management process and best practices.
• Ensure ongoing communication and engagement with Business and IT stakeholders.
• Administer tools related to Incident and Problem Management.
• Other duties may be assigned .
• 7+ years of business systems analysis, operations, project management or related experience in an enterprise IT environment supporting a wide range of information technologies including business applications, database, network and infrastructure.
• Extensive experience with problem and incident management processes, concepts and tools.
• Solid understanding of ITIL framework and methodologies.
• Highly motivated and self-driven professional who can succeed with little supervision or guidance.
• Strong track record of driving operational improvements, able to lead/influence organizational change.
• Possess the ability to influence up, down and across the organization.
• Superior customer service and relationship management skills. Proven ability to collaborate with other teams, both technical and non-technical.
• Strong negotiation, prioritization and conflict management skills.
• Strong organization and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively tailor communication of technically complex issues to various audiences.
• Assertive but diplomatic, relentless, with a strong desire to see things through to completion.
• Operational technology background or the aptitude to research and learn complex technologies and processes.
• Ability to see the “big picture” while addressing critical details.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems involving continuously changing situations and requiring constructive thinking and imaginative, original approaches.
• Ability to critically evaluate and question data. Experienced in using data to generate quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Extensive experience defining and generating executive level reports.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related fields