Provide Technology Solution Development and Integration across the SDLC including requirements, functional specs, design, custom development, integration, testing, and deployment. SI Capability maintains a strong focus on structuring, managing, and implementing complex technical solutions requiring deep business expertise, process optimization, and business operations knowledge to achieve significant and measurable business value.
Our experienced technology professionals offer deep technical experience in their area of focus and are committed to delivering efficient, technology-based solutions to our clients. Our professionals are also aligned to industry sectors. By combining our technical capabilities with our industry experiences, we create unmatched market offerings to solve our clients' business issues. Additionally, we have long-term partnerships with many of the world's leading technology companies, allowing us to understand solution alternatives and recommend and support the most appropriate solution for our clients. By leveraging these elements, we are able to help our clients convert leading edge ideas into tangible results.
Our professionals are aligned with a technology service line to promote the development of deep technical skills and experiences and improve our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues.
Financial Services Practice - Banking
consulting practice provides services to major banks around the globe and works in virtually all banking areas and competencies.
Functional and Test Practice:
- Retail Banking: Consumer deposits accounts, loans (e.g., auto, home equity), individual retirement accounts (IRAs)
- Mortgage: Consumer Loans secured by real estate (e.g., personal residence). This includes the underwriting, approval, servicing and collections.
- Payments: Payments initiation, processing and settlement. Includes credit cards
- Wholesale Banking: Cash management services (e.g., lockbox, fund management), merchant services, business banking services (deposits and loans), institutional trust and securities custody services to commercial and corporate institutions.
The Functional and Test Practice focuses on facilitating definition of requirements, use cases, product management, and functional specifications along with validation and testing services for our clients. We bring together strong process expertise, proven methodology, tools, deep industry knowledge, and extensive insight to our client’s business operations and systems to provide strategic advice and high quality results.
Essential functions of a Senior Consultant:
A Senior Consultant leverages deep subject matter knowledge in an area of interest to lend additional credibility to their project teams and add value to their projects. A Specialist Senior works within an engagement team and is responsible for identifying business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing, training, defining support procedures and supporting implementations.
Senior Consultant in the Functional and Test practice are required to have:
In addition, successful Senior Consultant will have the following preferred background:
- 4 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- At least 2 years of leading Testing efforts, including experience with all phases of testing: System, Integration, User Acceptance and Performance Testing
- At least 2 years experience with defining the testing strategy for large scale programs and ensuring requirements traceability throughout the system development lifecycle
- At least 2 years of experience overseeing the development of test plans, test scenarios, test cases, execution of test case and documentation of test results
- At least 2 years experience with driving the quality assurance processes and gaining delivery buy-in from executive leadership
- At least 2 years of testing experience in different environments including one or more of the following client server, Services Oriented Architecture, Web based, Mainframe based and three tier architectures
- At least 2 years of experience with one or more of the following tools: HP toolset, Rational toolset, SOA testing tools and automation testing toolset
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
- Integrated banking solutions experience in one or more of the following areas: Fidelity banking software, Hogan Systems, Fiserv software, Jack Henry Banking, Argo, S1 Personal Banking, TouchPoint, ViewPoint.
- Testing Techniques ‑ Understand the various approaches used in testing, including (e.g. desk checking), white-box (logic drive), black-box (requirements driven), load testing, coverage testing and regression testing.
- Technical expertise in implementing industry standard testing methodology and tools
- Experience implementing testing best practices specific to the test planning and execution processes and gaining buy-in for changes from executives.
- Experience with enterprise applications such as Siebel, SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, and Salesforce
- Experience building a Testing Center of excellence.
- A deep understanding of test planning and delivery challenges.
- Experience with methodologies including, but not limited to Agile, RUP, or Waterfall.
- Experience leading teams through analysis and delivery of IT Strategy initiatives.
- Experience planning, tracking and delivering projects using Microsoft Project and documenting processes in Microsoft Visio.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills including development and delivery of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor and grow junior staff.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization.