View all jobs
Database Engineering ContractorCosta Mesa, CA
Role is not database administration, nor data warehousing or reporting writing.
- Actively interface with other teams to gather requirements, design, code, debug, document, implement and maintain various DB projects
- Effective design, development, and tuning of SQL Server Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers.
- Troubleshooting and Optimizing SQL Stored Procedures
- Support data transfers using SSIS (ETL)
- Be able to self-manage and required to lead certain database projects.
- Highly motivated self-starter, detail and quality oriented and able to work independently
- Champion and manage new initiatives to completion to improve and streamline operational processes and maximize system availability
- Resolve complex problems that have implications beyond your own area.
- Capable of working proficiently at both the strategic and tactical aspects of a project
- Bachelor of Science Degree; preferable in Computer Science, MIS degree
- Minimum 6yrs of hands-on experience with MS SQL of various versions, predominantly MSSQL 2008.
- Strong database design and development experience for very large database applications
- Strong data modeling experience (Logical / Physical)
- Experience on high volume transactional systems with 24/7 up-times
- SQL Replication experience a plus
- Able to design, code, debug and maintain database schemas & store procedures
- Able to team up with software engineers and produce maintainable data interface layers within applications
- Strong understanding of data quality, data lifecycle, and metadata management
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to clearly document technical specifications
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple project/task assignments simultaneously
- Fast turnaround in delivering solutions
- Knowledge and conform to SDLC principles - Agile
- Experience with data modeling tool (ER/Studio preferred)
- Preferred experience in a web application environment
- VB, .Net, .asp experience a plus
- MS Certified SQL Developer a plus
- Experience with MySQL and NoSQL a plus