The functional scope covers Equity Derivatives.
The role is to contribute to the IT Project management function, encompassing project initiation, cost/benefit analysis, collection of business requirements, gap & impact analysis, functional specification, planning and project status reporting, definition of test strategy and arrangement of the User Acceptance Test.
The role is essentially project oriented but occasionally includes 2nd or 3rd level of functional support in escalation mode. Projects are initiated either locally or as part of global (or regional) initiatives performed in liaison with head office (or overseas) teams.
The size of project can vary from a few days to a few months.
- As a Business Analyst, collects, details/analyses business requirements, produces functional specifications, follow-up and test their implementation by IT development teams.
- As a Project Manager, manages the project initiation, defines and consolidates the project plan, coordinates and follow up the actions of the various contributors, ensures that the project produces the required deliverables, according to the requested quality and within the time frame and budget.
- The implementation of new products or new processes within the Front Office to Middle Office IT platform.
- The enhancements of existing Front Office/ Middle Office systems.
This includes the following detailed tasks:
- Work closely with the Sponsors (Front Office or Middle Office) and users to inventory, clarify and consolidate their requirements.
- Work effectively thru good interpersonal and communications skills with representatives of a diverse range of departments located in various locations (FO, MO, IT).
- Consolidate the cost/benefit analysis and get sign-off.
- Write functional specifications on each project.
- Write documentation when necessary.
- Identifies sub-projects impacted and ensures dependencies are clearly identified.
- Obtain the sponsor’s sign off before any development starts.
- Ensure the project is properly defined, planned, resourced and sponsored.
- Monitor progress and report on implementation of the project.
- Manage risk and communicate appropriately.
- Identify and report issues of a business nature to the sponsor/stakeholders for decision.
- Maintain a very good/detailed understanding of Trading platforms and Trade workflow, FO, MO and BO systems and interfaces as appropriate, Front to Back operational processes
- Work closely with other IT groups (IT developers, ITP):
- To assess feasibility, define testing,
- To ensure that business requirements are understood,
- To ensure that the development work planning is in line with the Sponsor’s expectations.
- To report any major risk or business decision to the Sponsor
- To follow up the development work and report to the line manager and Sponsors any delay that may jeopardize the implementation date
- Organize and execute UAT. This includes:
- To document the overall test strategy and get sign-off from the Sponsor
- To prepare the test plan, test scenarios and obtain Sponsor’s sign off
- To perform the test of new functionality.
- To document test results and obtain sponsor’s sign off.
- Consolidates the Go Live plan.
- Perform users training and support for a limited post-go live period.
- Represent BNP Paribas in multi-bank technology ventures where applicable.
- When appropriate, manage and/or coach more junior staffs.
- Use and promote BNPP Project Management Methodology.
- Maintain record of system changes, IT incidents, and information to be shared within the team.
- Understand and observe BNPP compliance rules, including IT employee code of conduct.
- Ensure IT Security recommendations are timely implemented.
- Pro pro-actively report potential security risks or breaches.
- Report any issues to the line manager in a timely manner.
- Graduated Bachelor’s degree with 5 plus years’ experience in the Capital Market area
- 3 years’ experience in Business Analysis, with a strong exposure to Capital Market
- Strong knowledge in the Equity and Equity Derivatives business (products, pricing)
- Strong writing and organization skills
- Team-work oriented
- Take initiative
- Able to work under stress
- Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project and Technical understanding (SQL, VBA, …)
- Excellent analysis skills
- Very Good listening and communication skills
- Very good synthesis skills
- Problem solving skills