View all jobs
Software ArchitectCosta Mesa, CA
- With directionfrom the Chief Architect/Enterprise Architect Manager, align technical architecture with business strategy.
- Create, promote and apply architectural standards, patterns and models.
- Proven prototyping track record in assessment of new technology integration or replacement in existing application systems.
- Mentor and coach peers and global team members to facilitate the adoption of architectural standards.
- Logically analyze business challenges and opportunities.Conceive viable, innovative solutions and present them to both technical and business stake holders.
- Create project deliverables, including, but not limited to: architectural diagrams, project proposals, requirements specification documents, project plans, software application prototypes, executive presentations and reviews.
- Lead small and medium size teams, as required.
- A BS in Computer Science or a non Computer Science BS degree with relevant work experience/skills.
- Self-motivated, assertive, goal oriented and able to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with other team members, on a global basis.
- 5-9 years of hands-on programming preferably in Java.
- Knowledge ofUNIX– Script language is highly preferable.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, HBase, Hive or similar BigData components is highly preferable.
- Knowledge of real-time, batch, ESB (TIBCO) and data warehouse applications.
- Knowledge of deploying applications to Windows servers.
- Knowledge of IBM mainframes, z/OS, and virtualization technologies (e.g. VMWare),a plus.
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems.
- Knowledgeof multi-tier architectures, primarily on Unix (e.g. linux) systems.