The Senior Reporting Analyst is responsible for supporting new/existing affinity partnerships from a reporting and performance analytics perspective. The ideal candidate will be able to successfully work with multiple levels of internal and external management to develop solutions that improve efficiency of data reporting that support client requirements and objectives. The candidate will make recommendations that drive operational improvement projects through data aggregation and normalization. In addition, the candidate will need to split their time focusing on data analytics while learning client businesses, audit cycles, and learning backend infrastructure to round out their knowledge. Specific job duties include:
- Operational focus with a strong technical data analytics background that can standardize processes and can deliver a shared view of operational and financial metrics.
- Articulate business models conceptually and to executives the relationship of individual metrics to the financial returns.
- Develop, analyze and troubleshoot reporting metrics, ensure data accuracy and timeliness, and provide interpretation and analysis of data for business management at regular intervals to guide strategic and tactical business decisions.
- Work closely with Finance, Database Warehouse and Database Reporting, and Business Operations to define, analyze and report on KPIs. Identify and communicate areas of opportunity to improve process within the current account provisioning work flow.
- Contribute to reporting and analytics needed for business development with new partnership opportunities, including RFP/RFIs and client presentations.
- Create proposals, presentations and other documents for existing clients and/or internal use in the evaluation and approval of new opportunities, quarterly business reviews and optimization of marketing plans.
- Support data and reporting requests from internal and external auditors.
- Provide business consultation to determine scope of projects to support client needs.
Education and Experience Guidelines:
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of professional experience in client facing roles and reporting/scorecard management.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical, analytical and influential skills, attention to detail, and exceptional creativity for problem-solving, with the ability to balance in a resource constrained environment.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis software.
- Knowledge of consumer profiling and modeling.
- Ability to aggregate, interpret and normalize large data sets.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational, documentation and overall customer service skills with the ability to work within a fast-paced company with increasing needs.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, working with multiple people with competing priorities.
- Financial Institution/Credit Card experience preferred.
- Up to 10% of domestic travel may be required.
- Expert knowledge of Cognos 10.2
- Strong skills in business system analysis, data analysis, and SQL, MS Excel and other data analytics tools
- Proficiency with other MS Office software: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Omniture, Adobe, ComScore, etc.