Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications. Support software applications. Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Domestic or international travel may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes, designs and implements programs.
- Identifies and resolves application issues.
- Assesses the health and performance of applications.
- Provides appropriate research support to business groups within the organization.
- Advises on options, impact on other business processes, and system priorities where appropriate.
- Defines specifications.
- Provides guidance to non-technical staff in using software and hardware systems most effectively and efficiently.
- Reviews project proposals, evaluates alternatives, provides estimates and makes recommendations.
- Identifies potential process improvement areas and suggests options and recommends approaches.
- Ability to comprehend detailed project specifications as well as the ability to adapt to various technologies and simultaneously works on multiple projects.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and problem solve under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- May require a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience of large corporate/matrix organization processes and procedures.
- 8+ years programming experience developing solutions that are secure, robust and scalable.
- Good commercial experience with web services.
- Experience with high volume transactional systems.
- Experience with distributed system architecture and designs.
- Experience with relational database technologies.
- Experience with B2B applications.
- Good understanding of HTML & CSS cross-browser.
- C# .net 1.1 to 4.5
- May be asked to task manage and mentor more junior team members.
- Work under light supervision.
- Follows and promote established procedures.
- Work is reviewed against requirements.
- Communicates effectively in English in written and verbal form.
- Write reports with correct grammar, punctuation, spelling and good structure.
- Read, analyze, and interpret complex, technical and business documents.
Documentation & Presentation Skills
- Recommends solutions for defined processes.
- Able to present information, ideas and perspective to peers, team members and managers and responds to questions.
- Speaks effectively one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Reads and analyzes technology journals and interprets documents, such as technical reports and instructions.
- Follows documentation requirements.
- Provide solutions to a variety of technology problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively in team environment, contributing to team’s results.
- Accepts direction, listens to and considers others’ ideas/concerns.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Works on difficult research projects of limited scope.
- Identifies problems in defined area, generates alternatives and recommends solutions.