Experian Consumer Services is part of Experian and the market leader for online credit reports, scores and monitoring products delivered directly to consumers over the Internet. Among its products, the business provides consumers with instant access to their credit report and credit score, plus credit monitoring products which include identity theft insurance and fraud resolution. We provide consumers with a broad range of comprehensive online financial products and information essential to managing one's financial life.
Our Technology group is working on several exciting large-scale products in the e-commerce space that will revolutionize the financial mobile landscape. If you like a fast-paced, collaborative work style in a fun environment we want you to apply!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with other mobile developers and product managers to conceptualize, develop, build, test and deploy native iOS mobile applications across Experian’s product line.
- Ensure the delivery of solid, high quality, documented code in a timely manner
- Demonstrate architectural and design skills with an emphasis on OOAD and design patterns.
- Work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment
- Clearly articulate thoughts and ideas both verbally and in writing
- Accurately estimate project based on interface wireframes/desired functionality
- Be familiar with continuous integration and configuration control tools such as Git or SubVersion
- Seamlessly integrate with web services and consuming XML or JSON.
- Understand iOS UX and work closely with the design team to ensure UI designs are aligned with the current iOS UI guidelines
- Understand the resource constraints of mobile devices with respect to battery life, CPU and memory.
- Write and debug multi-threaded code and understand the various issues surrounding asynchronous code on iOS.
- Design technical specifications, develop and maintain iOS mobile applications, as well as mobile optimized web applications.
- Integrate analytics tools such as Site Catalyst/Ominiture/Flurry
- Analyze requirements, determine technical approach & technical design, determine effort, and provide deliverable dates for projects and enhancement requests.
- Document product functionality, supporting QA and deployment activities, troubleshoot production defects.
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Understand iOS’s frameworks Objective C, XCode IDE, Interface Builder, and iPhone SDK
- Implement authorization protocols (oauth 1.0, oauth 2.0, Facebook Connect, etc)
- Apply security measures to protect the company’s and the customrers sensitive data
- Develop code compatible across different devices and multiple OS versions
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Requires experience with iOS stack (Objective C, XCode IDE, Interface Builder, and iPhone SDK).
- Extensive knowledge of app design patterns and best practices
- Familiarity with build automation tools (Gradle, Ant, Maven)
- Experience developing custom views and widgets
- Experience working in Agile methodology and using a workflow tool such as Rally, Jira or similar
- Social network app integration (facebook, google+, twitter, etc)
- Presentable portfolio of development work
- Published examples of mobile applications on the App store
- Excellent knowledge in information architecture, human computer interaction and usability design principles
- Ability to use analytic data and user testing to inform design decision
- A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape
- Excellent scoping and estimation skills
- Excellent testing/ QA skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with various departments locally and internationally