The Senior Software Packaging Engineer will have strong application packaging/deployment experience using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). This candidate should be customer service focused and be able to create packages as part of a Windows 7 migration. The successful candidate will also be responsible for deploying and performing application compatibility testing for Windows 7 migration. Successful candidate must be a Microsoft Packaging/Virtualization Expert, have strong skills in Application packaging/streaming and MSI/App-V, have strong experience in AdminStudio install shield and be a subject matter expert in Windows 7 Application Migrations. Candidate should also have demonstrated experience in the administration and support of Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop. The role will also be responsible for handling escalations, providing documentation, and implementing new products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Application packaging using Admin Studio
* Integrate packages and software deployments into SCCM distributions throughout the organization. Perform and validate test packages for Windows workstations
* Maintain and support corporate standard operating system build process
* Assist with monthly Windows Update deployment process to select Windows servers and workstations within the organization via SCCM
* Perform SCCM & Citrix server administration and monitor tasks as required
* Creates desktop/laptop/citrix build processes
* Performs software distribution and patch management to Windows PC*s, laptops, and Citrix/Terminal servers
* Tests and configures group policy settings.
* Reviews literature, patents, license agreements and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology. Prepares reports regarding new technology to communicate to management
* Creates and maintains systems documentation for testing and validation
* Performs post-implementation 3rd level support, identifying root cause with strategic solutions to problems
* MSI and EXE application packaging / repackaging experience using Admin Studio/InstallShield
* Automation/scripting using Powershell / VBScript
* Ability to package, test and deploy Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) packages
* Strong knowledge in SCCM administration and Query creations.
* Windows Server 2008, 2003, XP and 7 workstation technical support experiences with advanced knowledge of Windows registry, file and folder security, local/domain user security, and operating system troubleshooting.
* 3 to 5 years of experience in software packaging using Admin Studio
o 3+ years of experience with SMS/SCCM creating packages, programs, collections, and advertisements for large scale enterprise deployments.
o 7+ years supporting Microsoft Windows Operating Systems including Windows XP and Windows 7
* Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar area of study or equivalent experience
Requirements and General Skills:
* Commitment to *internal client* and customer service principles
* Strong communication skills to communicate systems proposals to management and clients and to provide systems diagnoses and resolution
* Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person
* Ability to integrate complex hardware and software systems
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized
* Strong organization skills to prioritize work, balance and lead complex projects
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects; ability to work with little direction
* Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel and team members
* Ability and willingness to guide and mentor the work of less experienced staff