- Must possess ability to take a software engineering approach to delivering front-end HTML-based software.
- Exposure or preferably real-world experience in delivering consumer-grade responsive web applications with emphasis on mobile first design methodology.
- Successful candidates have the desire to write high quality code to build innovative web applications and the skill to handle the quirks of the Internet (and browsers and devices).
- Must understand a wide variety of back end data stores and know when, why and how to use them. You should also understand how these stores interact with distributed control mechanisms and how and when they can be used to achieve high availability, disaster recovery and scaling.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices required for working in large groups, such as software development life cycles, coding standards, test driven development, code reviews, distributed revision control systems, continuous test/build/deploy, and production systems monitoring/support.