|Name of Employer: Veejay Associates, Inc. dba SOHO Square Solutions
Job Title: Sr. ETL Informatica Engineer
Job Location: 106 West 32nd Street, Suite 108, New York, NY 10001
Job Duties: Serve in a senior level capacity, assisting the Project Manager in the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of ETL/Data Warehouse technologies using Informatica. Individuals will apply advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of computer science and engineering principles and concepts, including experience with Informatica PowerCenter tools, to perform the following duties:
- Lead architecture review sessions to provide inputs to architecture team through framework analysis, design patterns, prototype specifications.
- Coordinate performance of high and low-level design, provision of pseudo codes, implementation of the prototype and conducting of design reviews.
- Oversee quality checks to ensure that design requirements are met and ensure user documentation is created for the assigned sub-modules.
- Build scalable, high throughput systems that process millions of data points a day.
- Serve in a leading role in the development and support technology platforms using Informatica, Greenplum, the Hadoop stack and a variety of BI tools.
- Interact directly with users to architect and design solutions.
- Ensure the validation and implementation of efficient code using ETL tools, including Informatica.
- Work with large database and DataWarehouse implementation.
- Perform root-cause analysis of identified issues that arise post-implementation and work on solutions related to issue.
- Support creation of repository of team's collective knowledge on technology, domain and processes.
- Support and coach peers and junior developers on specific technical competences required to deliver on assigned tasks.
- Interface with internal team spread globally to undertake onsite-specific activities of the project.
This position does not supervise the work of other personnel, and does not perform any project management.
Minimum requirements: Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Applications, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or a related field, and two years of experience in the job offered or in a related position.
Must also possess PowerCenter Data Integration 9.x:Developer Specialist Certification, as well as demonstrable knowledge and proficiency working with the following: 1. Informatica PowerCenter. 2. Oracle and Hadoop. 3. Datawarehouseing. 4. Unix/Linux scripting. 5. Greenplum. 6. Architecture of ETL Solutions.
- No travel or telecommuting. Position is project-based at various unanticipated work sites within the U.S., and relocation may be required at the end of each long-term project.
- No phone calls or e-mails.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Mail resumes to: Veejay Associates, Inc. dba SOHO Square Solutions, ATTN: HR, 106 West 32nd Street, Suite 108, New York, NY 10001.