Loc – NYC
Java Developer (KYC/Compliance)
The Java Programmer is responsible for the analysis, design, coding, testing, and implementation of the firm's application which support the business needs for Compliance department. S/he assists clients with software applications when needed as well as ensures program performance through systematic test plans. Ensure that the business and systems requirements are tested properly and that defects are identified and tracked. Conduct checkpoint meetings, maintain near term project plans, and communicate status to project participants.
- Work as integral member of technical teams, supporting standard SDLC phases by regularly performing tasks such as interpreting program specifications and providing analysis, contributing to design, and programming/coding
- Debug programs and troubleshoot application issues, in production and development.
- Analyze and classify change requests, identifying and documenting scope of change and impact on other interfaces.
- Participate in walk-throughs which review program specs, source code, all technical supporting documentation, including screens/reports: provide feedback in accordance with department standards and guidelines.
- Develop system test plans and scripts that will thoroughly exercise program logic to ensure program/application performance with regard to business requirements and system integration.
- Execute unit test plans, document test results and resolve discrepancies as deemed appropriate.
- Self-motivated to research, learn and apply current technology to solve business challenges
- Ability to work independently with some guidance
- Must have at least 4 + years of experience implementing systems, with 2 + years in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of AML or KYC is big plus
- Extensive Java, J2EE n-tier application experience
- Extensive experience with SOAP/REST web service development and Spring
- Experience in BPM and Rules Engine is big plus.
- Working knowledge with WebSphere Application server is required
- Working knowledge of frame work like Hibernate and ORM.
- Required: PL/SQL, Oracle, must have experience in building SQL queries, stored procedures and must understand basic principles of data modeling
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be skilled at writing specifications that other programmer can use to code data interfaces, user interfaces and workflows
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related work experience required