Senior Tech Ops Engineer - Bloomberg Enterprise Content Team (Consultant) - Posted Oct 26, 2017 - Requisition No. 62970
If you believe in continuous integration and continuous delivery, enjoy working in fast-paced and client focused environment, then come join us!
Bloomberg Enterprise Content provides data products that drive the financial industry. It is a rapidly growing business that provides clients with rich programmatic access to the best financial data and services in the industry. Our products span a wide variety of asset classes and data products including Pricing, Corporate Actions, Regulatory and Reference data content sets. We build high-performance systems that feed billions of data points per day to our customers that include key financial players, and then we track and analyze that usage for operational as well as business trend identifications.
We are working aggressively at enhancing our infrastructure using technologies like Python, Java, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Hadoop, and Ceph. You will play a critical role working alongside our development and SRE teams to manage and execute operational aspects of the product. As part of product development, you will own building code, managing the QA process, then performing and validating deployments. You will assist with one-off tasks and look for opportunities to automate as much as you can. Finally, you’ll directly support the development team, and you will have opportunities to improve your coding skills through your work.
We'll trust you to:
- Handle the operational needs of software with the goal of improving and automating workflows.
- Be responsible for software releases and ensuring they meet the quality standards set for the group.
- Help to enhance our monitoring of alerts from the production environment and ensure a speedy resolution of issues. The ability to debug code is also a plus.
- Work with the development team to highlight recurring issues and focus on remediation approaches.
- Expand automated tools e.g. continuous integration, automated testing and software installation.
- Help to promote and improve standards within the wider group. You will work with our business partners and software developers.
- Ensure that support documentation is produced, maintained and improved.
- Work with build teams to ensure applications meet operational acceptance criteria.
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps role.
- 2+ years of experience programming in a scripting language, preferably Python.
- 2+ years of experience with continuous integration systems.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in a highly available service.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
We'd love to see:
- 1+ year of hands on experience with Chef, Ansible or Puppet for configuration management.
- Experience working in an agile and test-driven development environment.
- Enthusiasm to adapt to new technologies.